Depression and Anxiety Treatment Specialist in Surrey, BC
Common questions asked by patients: Are you suffering from depression and anxiety? Do you feel hopelessness every once in a while? Does every new thing make you anxious? If yes, get treatment for anxiety and depression. Dr. Tom Grodski is ready to help you at White Rock Naturopathic Clinic located in Surrey, BC. For more information, contact us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at #208 – 1676 Martin Dr., Surrey, BC V4A 6E7. We serve patients from Surrey BC, White Rock BC, Grandview Heights BC, Campbell Heights BC, Newton BC, Morgan Heights BC, and surrounding areas.
DEPRESSION & ANXIETY
Facts about Mental Illness
Who is affected?
- Mental illness indirectly affects all Canadians at some time through a family member, friend or colleague.
- In any given year, 1 out of 5 people in Canada will personally experience a mental health problem or illness.
- Mental illness affects people of all ages, education, income levels, and cultures.
- Roughly 8% of adults will experience major depression at some time in their lives.
- About 1% will experience bipolar disorder (or “manic depression”).
- By age 40, about 50% of the population will have or have had a mental illness.
- Anxiety disorders affect 5% of the population, causing varying degrees of impairment.
- Suicide accounts for 24% of all deaths among 15-24 year olds and 16% among 25-44 year olds, and is one of the leading causes of death in both men and women from adolescence to middle age, at a rate of four times more frequently among men then among women.
What we offer:
Dr. Tom Grodski is foremost a good listener. Help often begins with having one’s story listened to, non judgmentally, with interest and compassion. From there, and the particular circumstances of one’s situation and history, the discussion may lead to potential therapies or considerations that could be tried or investigated. The approach is holistic and comprehensive – as our webpage on Mental Health may suggest. Emphasis is placed on an open, comfortable, safe, and non-biased discussion of the various approaches available, and the felt-sense of each, to allow a person a sense of what to expect going forward.
Mental health is approached from three general levels: (1) physiologically and hormonally; addressing or ruling out potential causes or contributing factors or conditions; (2) neuro-chemically; discussing what potential neuro-chemical imbalances could be contributing to one’s mood and how to go about supporting re-balancing; and (3) psychologically and life-history or life-style wise, what is not working or helping one’s experience of happiness and contentment currently, and what could be done to change those conditions in order to support one’s mood and ability to experience Joy. But it all starts with listening in a safe, comforting environment. We look forward to meeting you and seeing how we may help you find the light in your life.